Experience Google I/O 2012 anywhere

May 08, 2012


Link copied to clipboard
Dylin
Robert
By Robert Do and Dylin Martin, Google I/O Team

In 2011, Google I/O hosted 5,500 developers from 65 countries in San Francisco, but this audience was dwarfed by the more than 1 million developers from 161 countries tuning in via livestream. Next month developers worldwide will come together for three days of coding, sharing and inspiration in this year’s keynotes, sessions and Sandbox demos. And if you’re not joining us in person on June 27-29, this year’s I/O Extended and I/O Live will be even bigger and better, with more I/O Extended locations and more sessions streamed live.

Get together locally: I/O Extended

With I/O Extended, organizers can take the reins and use the momentum behind Google I/O to bring people together. If you’re interested in hosting an event, check out our planning site here. Otherwise, wherever you are, chances are good that there's a community of passionate developers like you already gathering at an I/O Extended event. Find a location near you and RSVP to let us know you’re coming!


I/O Extended 2011 in many cities

Watch sessions live online: I/O Live

Can’t make it to an I/O Extended location? Or feel like staying in with pizza and beer? Bring the party to you with I/O Live, where the keynote and select sessions will be livestreamed on June 27-28. Bookmark developers.google.com/io where we’ll be posting the livestream schedule, as well as the video feed.

This year we’ve doubled the number of sessions that will be streamed, and we will be featuring 4 channels of programming. All sessions, including those not livestreamed, will be recorded and will be available online within 48 hours.

For more info on I/O Extended and I/O Live, keep an eye on the usual places: the Google I/O site, this blog, and +Google Developers.


Robert Do is an Associate Product Marketing Manager on the Developer Marketing Team. He works on helping developers find the tools they need on https://developers.google.com. He also produces hip hop music.

Dylin Martin works with the Developer Marketing and Developer Relations Teams on Google I/O.

Posted by Scott Knaster, Editor